What you'll learn
This program has helped more than 20,000 people unlock the secrets of effective presentations. The methods we use in our presentation training are based on over 30 years of audience research – the most extensive research in the industry. Whether you’re competing for a $500 million contract or delivering your department’s quarterly report, our presentation skills training workshops are the fastest and easiest way to improve your presentation skills — guaranteed!
Does the thought of presenting in public make you panic? Would you like to be more dynamic and confident in your company presentation? Our interactive, small-group workshops are designed to help you become an outstanding presenter. In this two-day public speaking and presentation skills workshop, you will learn how to:
- Deliver compelling presentations that sell the presenter, as well as his or her message
- Expand your personal presence and enhance your professionalism
- Increase your ability to influence and sell ideas & recommendations
- Reduce your preparation time in creating presentations, which leads to increased productivity
- Deliver presentation with authority, credibility and confidence
- Learn how to adapt to different audiences, environments and unforeseen situations
Want to be more effective in developing your staff’s skills? Excellent presentation skills are the keys that open the lock to career advancement, staff retention and your effectiveness as a manager.
Developing social intelligence within your company is an investment that will not only grow your business, but grow your people as well. One way to do this effectively is to transform your training, presentation and sales force to become more confident when speaking in front of people.
We don’t just offer basic speaker training. Our goal is to equip your sales staff, managers, speakers, and trainers with the tools they need to improve the general image of your company—inside and out.
Irvine Nugent accomplishes this through communication skills training that goes deeper than mere speaking. It’s all about confidence, making a connection with your audience and conveying a message that’s worth hearing.
Focused presentation skills combined with coaching and learner support can help all levels of presenters—from those with beginner skills to those who are seasoned presenters. Fine tuning their skills and eliminating stage fear are some of the ways you can enhance the results of your training.
Who this course is for
Public speaking skills aren’t just for those who speak in front of audiences. Who else in your company will benefit from this important coaching? Have you considered that communication within your company is much broader than external public speaking.
- Executives who must speak to various audiences at events, shareholder meetings and company gatherings
- Beginner sales staff who lack confidence when speaking to clients
- Sales representatives and managers who speak with important prospective clients
- Emerging leaders who are being called upon to speak at meetings on a regular basis
- Sales professionals who are called upon to meet and present to new and existing client accounts
- Technical and scientific professionals who must present complex or highly technical data to a non-technical audience
- Accounting and financial professionals who need effective communication skills to report financial information to management
- Managers who must communicate policy, procedures and other corporate communication to employees
- Senior executives who speak to shareholders at annual meetings or private events
- Marketing professionals who deliver corporate messages and communicate branding & image (both inside and outside the company)
- Trainers and educators who must equip employees with the skills needed to succeed in the workplace
- Human resource managers who lead orientation sessions to groups of new employees, or those who communicate new benefits and programs to existing employees
- Project managers who lead and guide kick-off meetings, or provide status reports to internal and external clients
Key components of the Speaker Training Camp:
- Overcome Stage Fright: Teach your presenters to feel at ease in front of a room full of people
- Awaken your Unique Message: Help your presenters find and express their unique message
- Bring Clarity to your Content: Public speaking classes teach presenters how to refine their message for a greater impact
- Applause Presentation Planner©: Develop presentations in half the time with our simple method
- Storytelling: Use stories to grab attention and make presentations memorable
- Vocal Power: Speak with a vocal tone that projects and resonates with the audience during a business presentation or training session
- Silence: Hold an audience’s attention and build suspense through the power of silence
- Presence: Radiate a strong presence that connects with people and draws them in
- Emotional Connection: Establish a genuine connection with an audience
- Body Language: Integrate powerful body language to engage your audience
- Visual Aids: Visual principles that ensure effective PowerPoint® & Keynote® slides
- Difficult Audience Members: Manage difficult audience members with grace and skill
- Applause Meter©: Coach your presenters using the Applause Meter©
These are the public speaking skills that have been developed and fine-tuned to deliver the best results during a presentation, public speaking, training or business presentation.
Course Offerings and Specs
The presentation skills course is offered in a 2-day and 1-day format. Contact us today to inquire about how we can customize a session for your company.
FAQs • Frequently Asked Questions
- Limited to 8-12 People
- 80% Active Participation including 6 individual presentations
- Individual Personalized Coaching
- Individualized Take Home Recordings of all your presentations
- The Speaker Training Camp® Manuel
What level of speaker is the training aimed at?
Speakers Training Camp® will benefit everyone from beginners to advanced speakers.
About the instructor
Irvine Nugent, Ph.D. • Behavioral Analysis Expert
Irvine possesses fifteen-plus years in senior leadership roles in various organizations. Dr. Nugent is an approved Paul Ekman International Trainer and offers a wide range of workshops in the areas of emotional intelligence, nonverbal communication, executive presence and lie detection which are based on the practical application of scientific research.