Irvine Nugent, Ph.D.
Irvine Nugent, Ph.D. possesses fifteen-plus years in senior leadership roles in organizations of various sizes, stages of growth and different sectors. He understands challenging business environments and has worked extensively with executive leaders and emerging leaders helping them reach the next level.
Irvine specializes in helping leaders expand their emotional and nonverbal intelligence so that they are better able to connect, influence and assess credibility. Drawing on his extensive experience as an executive coach and trainer he understands that leaders are most effective when they are able to read the emotions of themselves and others in any given situation as well as assess the credibility of people in high stakes scenarios.
Born in Northern Ireland, Irvine brings to his practice a rich and varied experience. Growing up in a society torn apart by conflict and violence he has always been attracted to discovering ways to empower leaders to unlock their own unique voice and communicate with confidence and poise in the face of chaos and change.
Dr. Nugent is honored to be the first authorized Paul Ekman Associate in the USA and offers a wide range of workshops which are based on the practical application of scientific research. He is an ATD credentialed Master Trainer, a certified Science of People Body Language trainer and a certified Master Micro Facial Expression trainer. He is a graduate of the Executive Coaching program from Georgetown University and is an ICF certified Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
- Authorized Paul Ekman International Associate
- Certified Science of People Body Language Trainer
- Certified Master Micro Facial Expression Trainer
- Master Credentialed Trainer (ATD)
- Certified World Class Speaking Coach
- Resilient Leader Certified Coach
- Certified Confidence Coach
- SpeakersTrainingCamp® (Certified Trainer)
- DiSC® & DiSC 363® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ (Certified Practitioner)
- EQi 2.0® & EQi 360® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Leadership Circle 360 & Culture Survey (Certified Practitioner)
- Team Conversational Norms Diagnostic™ (Certified Practitioner)
- Myers-Briggs (MBTI®) (Certified Practitioner)
- Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument (Certified Practitioner)
- FIRO-B & FIRO Business (Certified Practitioner)