Irvine Nugent, Ph.D., PCC
Irvine possesses fifteen-plus years in executive leadership roles in organizations of various sizes, stages of growth and different sectors. He is experienced in challenging business environments and leading organizational change. He is the founder of Irvine Nugent & Associates, a leadership coaching and training practice in the Washington DC metro area. Irvine is a passionate learner and always seeks to bring into his coaching and training best practices and the latest research
He is an ASTD credentialed Master Trainer and is a seasoned public speaker. As an executive leader, he was called upon to be the main company spokesperson, making frequent radio and television appearances. He has offered seminars nationwide on leadership and management topics such as business communication, presentation skills and creative leadership. He is a certified trainer in the cutting edge SpeakersTrainingCamp® program.
As a leadership coach Irvine offers a unique combination of experience and skills to assist leaders and individuals reach the next level and fully realize their inner potential. Through active listening and observation, Irvine quickly gets to the heart of the matter with clarity and compassion. Using a combination of various assessment tools, coaching and training techniques Irvine helps leaders develop their emotional and vocal intelligence, business presentation skills, resiliency, and leadership presence to more effectively manage complex and rapidly changing business environments and lead with confidence and influence.
Dr. Nugent holds a B.Soc.Sc. in Social Policy and Administration from the University of Manchester in England, a MA and M.Div in Preaching from St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary and a Ph.D in Management from Capella University in Minneapolis. He is also a graduate of Georgetown University’s Executive Leadership Coaching Program, an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified program. He is an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and is committed to ICF’s high ethical and professional standards.
- Certified World Class Speaking Coach
- Resilient Leader Certified Coach
- Certified Confidence Coach
- SpeakersTrainingCamp® (Certified Trainer)
- DiSC® & DiSC 363® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Leadership Circle 360 & Culture Survey (Certified Practitioner)
- EQi 2.0® & EQi 360® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ (Certified Practitioner)
- Team Conversational Norms Diagnostic™ (Certified Practitioner)
- Myers-Briggs (MBTI®) (Certified Practitioner)
- Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument (Certified Practitioner)
- FIRO-B & FIRO Business (Certified Practitioner)