Irvine Nugent, Ph.D., PCC
After fifteen-plus years in senior leadership roles in organizations of various sizes, stages of growth and different sectors Irvine is convinced that leadership communication holds the key to successful business outcomes. He is experienced in challenging business environments and has worked extensively with executive leaders and emerging leaders helping them reach the next level. He has discovered that what often holds leaders back is a lack of development in their speaking and nonverbal skillset.
As a speaking and body language coach Irvine offers a unique combination of experience and skills to help leaders and individuals grow in confidence and in their ability to deliver presentations that have power and impact and project a strong leadership presence. As a leadership coach, he uses a combination of various assessment tools, coaching, and training techniques to assist leaders and individuals unlock their unique leadership voice. Irvine specializes in helping leaders increase their resiliency, emotional intelligence, and executive presence.
He offers seminars and keynotes specializing in leadership body language, presentational skills, team communication, storytelling for leaders, and leading in anxious times.
Born in Northern Ireland Irvine brings to his practice a rich and varied experience. Growing up in a society torn apart by conflict and violence he has always been attracted to discovering ways to help leaders discover their unique voice and develop greater resilience in the face of chaos and change. He has been privileged to work with many different cultures le
Dr. Nugent holds a B.Soc.Sc. in Social Policy and Administration from the University of Manchester in England, a MA and M.Div in Preaching from St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary and a Ph.D in Management from Capella University in Minneapolis. He is also a graduate of Georgetown University’s Executive Leadership Coaching Program, an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified program. He is an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and is committed to ICF’s high ethical and professional standards.
- Master Credentialed Trainer (ATD)
- Certified World Class Speaking Coach
- Certified Body Language Trainer
- Resilient Leader Certified Coach
- Certified Confidence Coach
- SpeakersTrainingCamp® (Certified Trainer)
- DiSC® & DiSC 363® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Leadership Circle 360 & Culture Survey (Certified Practitioner)
- EQi 2.0® & EQi 360® (Certified Practitioner)
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ (Certified Practitioner)
- Team Conversational Norms Diagnostic™ (Certified Practitioner)
- Myers-Briggs (MBTI®) (Certified Practitioner)
- Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument (Certified Practitioner)
- FIRO-B & FIRO Business (Certified Practitioner)